Upcoming AD Stuff...
From the original Analog Industries archive. Some links and images from that era no longer resolve.
Okay, now that the release excitement of Axon has died down, we’re on to the Next Phase in our Big Plan. We’re actually working on several things at once, and I’ll attempt to boil them down to the essence.
1. Discord3 OS X update. There will be a minor update on the OS X side of Discord3 shortly; we’ve got some internal re-working, plus a minor bug fix. We have decided to not release 64-bit versions of OS X at this time, as the 64-bit port of AU is essentially impossible with our current working methods. We need to wait until the compatibility layer we used for Discord3 (and Axon) has been updated. We have successfully built a 64-bit OS X VST of Discord3, and we’ll release as soon as Cubase 5 64-bit is stable and public on the OS X side.
2. Axon Update. We’re adding multiple outs, counter reset on transport stop, and a couple other requested features to Axon, along with some minor bug fixes (mostly relating to Logic). This update will be both sides, and is a ways away.
3. The Next Product.
EDIT: Read the comments.
This isn’t a new product per se, but rather a significant update that will combine and deprecate several old products. One of the problems with our relatively large product line is that doing line-wide updates is disagreeable in the extreme; our intention in that regard is to reduce the number of products we offer, so that we’re able to better deal with the fairly regularly timed body blows emanating from Cupertino.
So, this product, as yet unnamed, will be a multi-effect consisting of the engines of Liquid, Fluid, Vapor, and Phase Two. You will be able to select any one of those engines per instance, and the whole will be lovingly wrapped in a stereo delay. In this regard, it will be similar to Discord3, in both layout and operation, but rather than three different pitch shifters, it will have four modulation effects. The delay will be routed slightly differently, more like a send effect than inline as it is in D3, but that’s a design decision that is down the road a bit.
For purchasing, we haven’t decided on a final price, but we will almost certainly hew to our current major effect price of $59. The way upgrading will work will be that for each of the four individual effects you own, you’ll receive a $10 discount from the price. So if you only own, say, Liquid, your price for this plug-in will be $49. If you own Liquid and Fluid, your price will be $39, and so on. We will, as I mentioned, be deprecating the four plug-ins in question.
If you have any thoughts on this combo-platter, now’s the time to make yourself heard; otherwise, we’ll forge ahead.
Comments
Comments are closed on this post.