Apparently the cart has to go _after_ the horse. We decided that it would be prudent to set Dr. Device aside for a bit and address the clickies issue in Replicant. Now, in our defense, it didn't really occur to us that people would want to use Replicant for anything but drums, so we toned the clicks down to where they weren't really noticeable in drum loops. However, as Wm. Gibson so eloquently stated, "the street finds its own uses for things." People are (more often than not, it seems) using Replicant for a lot of things that aren't drums, and the clicks are quite obvious in, say, pads and such.
So, we've found the source of the clicks today (two sources, as it happens) and are half way to solving both. We'll have a Windows VST update in the immediate future, and an OSX VST update shortly after that. Due to some concerns about the AU kit, we may hold off on the OSX AU update for a bit, but it should follow presently. Then we'll return to Dr. Device development.
For what it's worth, Dr. Device is in a semi-advanced state; most of the major coding is done, and now it's just the details. Adam is going on vacation for a fairly large chunk of April, but Dr. Device will be out not too long after he returns.